Welcome to my blog. Hopefully I can help inspire you, as others have helped in my inspirations.

Enjoy! More to Come!

Thursday, September 8, 2011

My NEW old table

I love vintage and antiques!  The quality is awesome!  Real wood...that's what I'm talking about.  This new wood (MDF), once it gets wet, forget about it.  My husband picked up a table and chair set a few months that he found out for trash.  I was thinking about taking off the old fabric from the chairs and putting something bold on them.  The table top itself was peeling.  They put a wood laminated top on, and thru the years it was chipping.  Everytime I brushed against it (my kitchen is small), I would catch the snags.  Well one boring, raining day I decided to peel, strip, whatever it took to get that laminate off.  A razor blade did a pretty good job.  But once I got all that junk off, and sanded, I realized it was more mdf underneath.  And some parts I sanded too long, so there was no way I was going to stain the top.  So I was on the hunt for a new table top.  Well, on craigslist I found an old set, table, 5 chairs and 2 leaves for $50.  Yep $50 bucks!  Posted my old set for free and sent hubby out for my new to me set.


That is my sad old part.  Here is my new set just fresh from the rain.


I love it.  The chairs need to be tightened.  Now I'm thinking of painting the chairs and the base of the table, and just sanding the top and poly it. Here's my dilemma, the guys had a difficult time getting it in our narrow door, so I think I have to refinish it in my kitchen.  But for now, I love it, finally real wood in my kitchen.

No comments: