Welcome to my blog. Hopefully I can help inspire you, as others have helped in my inspirations.

Enjoy! More to Come!

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Day 3

Ok, generally in my restorations, or furniture project it doesn't take me 3 days.  But this sectional is driving me crazy. I have never reulpholstered anything in my life, and now I know why I haven't tried to tackle this before.  After removing hundreds of tacks and staples, I now have to use hundreds of staples to hold this new fabric on.  After several cuts and scraps on my fingers and hands, it's almost completely covered.  Today I had to pull the sewing machine out of the closet and dust it off.  See, hubby thought it would be a really nice Christmas present a few years back. I had mentioned wanting a sewing machine once, but not using one since I was in 7th grade, I was "pleasantly" surprised to receive one. Every gals Christmas dream!  So I attempted my hand at stitching the back with piping. Here's my attempt, not quite finished.  I have to figure out how to attach the fabric to the one side since my staple gun won't fit. Now I have to sew the bottom cushion and add some trim to cover my staples.  UGH!

No comments: