Welcome to my blog. Hopefully I can help inspire you, as others have helped in my inspirations.

Enjoy! More to Come!

Friday, September 9, 2011

I made it to the other side...



After being hit with Hurricane Irene last week, and torrential downpours for the past week, everyone has been affected by flooding.  We seen to be living in a small pocket, protected by the harshest weather.  Not to say that 4 feet of snow 2 winters ago was protected, but that doesn't happen all the time.  This year has been horrible for weather in Pennsylvania.  In the Spring we had rain constantly, and too many tornadoes.  I thought I was living in Kansas.  The summer was pretty dry, my new garden was pitiful to say the least.  My carrots were only about an inch long.  My broccoli and cauliflower grew to only about 2 inches tall from seed. I could go on and on, but now entering the fall the East Coast has had its share of Tropical Storms.  So today was the first time the kids and I got out of the house in a week.  So we drove to the other side of town, thru traffic (hate it), and made my way to the Salvation Army.  I was on the hunt for a desk for my son. The one that I have is just too big, so he needs a place to play in his room.  So we had a choice of 5 and Zachary got to pick what he wanted.  I think he made a nice choice.  It's going to take a little work to make it pretty, but he's happy with it, and so am I. Oh, and it's heavy! So when he gets mad and doesn't want to do his homeschooling, it will hold up...LOL.

No comments: