Welcome to my blog. Hopefully I can help inspire you, as others have helped in my inspirations.

Enjoy! More to Come!

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Gossip Bench

Here I am again outside painting, sanding enjoying my hobby.  Picked up this little gossip bench at a yard sale a few weeks ago.  I wasn't sure what way I wanted to go with it...paint it, or re-stain it.  But I have a friend that wanted to buy a desk and chair that I painted and needed off my porch.  She wanted the chair black and some kind of colorful seat.  So off to the store I went to find something colorful.  Here's the desk and chair..
I have never used those decorative tacks before and had smashed my fingers quite a few times.  So back to the gossip bench...I had a piece of fabric leftover and I still had some Ace paint "asparagus" and the greens matched.  I painted and then distressed, but I didn't like the effect, so right now it's outside drying again.  So picture it all green and no distressing.


I still have to stain the top and finish a few minor things, but I couldn't wait to share!

No comments: